Imagine that you find an old letter inside of a book. The letter says there is a hidden passageway somewhere in your house. Write a story about you and some friends searching for and finding the hidden passageway. Then, tell what happens after you find the passageway.
2. Write about your best birthday ever. Why was it so special?
3. Think about a time when someone did something special for you, or when you did something special for someone else. Write about this time and include details about why it was so special.
4. Think about a time when you had to be brave. Perhaps you had to be in the hospital, speak in front of the class, or you were involved in a natural disaster, such as a tornado or a hurricane. Write a story about this event.
5. Write about a time you experienced or learned something new for the first time. It could be when you first rode a bike or learned a new game. It could have been your first train or plane ride, or your first trip to an amusement park. First experiences may be funny, scary, or exciting.
6. The teacher comes into the room and places a big, paper bag on her desk then leaves. The bag moves and wriggles. Write a story about what is in the paper bag.